Place your order below. Experts will be in touch within 24 hours.
Extensively Characterized PBMCs Available Immediately
Designed to fight infection and adapt to intruders, Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMCs) are a critical tool in research, providing selective responses to the immune system. BuyPBMCs has an extensive library of cryopreserved PBMCs—drawn from a range of healthy donors. Characterized, standardized and quality-controlled, these cells are available in virtually unlimited quantities and are ready to ship immediately.
- Large lots of 6-10 billion cells per donor
- Highly purified cell subsets span monocytes, T-cells, and B-cells.
- Available in multiple aliquot sizes
- >90% average lot viability and purity post-thaw
- Cryopreserved in animal-free media
Donor Data for Every Sample
Our product inventory encompasses more than 100 unique donor lots with varying demographic profiles. Our screening questionnaire includes vital statistics, medication, cancer history, and travel history, confirming that the donors are healthy and enabling us to characterize their PBMCs. Customers can specify the demographic characteristics needed for their research goals.
- Basic demographics: age, gender, ethnicity, height, weight
- Matched plasma available
- HLA Class-I and Class-II type information
- IFN-γ ELISpot responses against PHA, CEF, and CMV stimulants
- MTT-based proliferation index
- ADCC testing results for select lots
- FACs purity analysis for purified PBMC subsets
- Tested negative for HIV, HBV, and HCV
Every lot is obtained using Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved consent forms and protocols.
Certified Free From Blood-Borne Pathogens
We examine each sample extensively to ensure there are no blood-borne pathogens, that the lot is viable and that cell counts are as robust as promised.
- HLA testing allows us to determine which human leukocyte antigen (HLA) genes and antigens are present in the blood
- All donors have tested negative for HBV, HCV and HIV in adherence with IRB-approved protocols
- Random sampling on every lot ensures that viability and cell counts meet specifications. Cell counts are obtained both by an automated cell counter and a manual hemocytometer, then cross-referenced for accuracy; immunophenotyping characterizes the unique cell populations in each lot.
- Every order comes with a Certificate of Analysis which verifies the donor demographics, characterization and cell quality contained within each vial.
Valued in a Wide Range of Research Modalities
Healthy human PBMCs are critical to a wide range of immunology-based applications, including in-vitro and ex-vivo immunoassays.
- Mixed lymphocyte reactions
- Cytotoxicity assays to measure ADCC or CDC
- Plaque assays
- Cell population characterization
- Generation of genetically modified cells through retro-viral infection
Store in the vapor phase of liquid nitrogen (< –120°C). PBMCs also may be stored at < –75°C for several days, but cell viability will decrease with extended storage.